Pet Friendly Travel in the North Island
There’s no reason why your faithful companion should miss out on an epic vacation. So we’ve listed 5 of our favourite places to take your pooch in the North Island:
Planning ahead is key when it comes to a successful camping trip. Here are a few quick tips to ensure everyone is happy and well equipped:
- Create a gear list so nothing is missed.
- Having a leash and bedding for your dog is very important when communal camping.
- Know your dog’s comfort levels when it comes to socialising as campgrounds can be very busy and overwhelming for pets that aren’t used to company.
- Research walks and parks in the area to ensure you get out for some fun adventures!
Speaking of walks, here are a few of our fave little jaunts in the local region that are pet friendly:
- Makorori Beach, just over the hill, is a long stretch of beautiful coastline perfect for you and your canine.
- Gisborne Riverbank & Town Beach Walkway (Up to 1 Hour One Way). Flat and easy walkway with a stunning view the entire way
- Wainui Beach, just a short distance from the campground there’s plenty of space to run around.
We pride ourselves in being a top choice when it comes to a pet friendly accommodation provider. There’s nothing better than seeing pets and their owners lap up the beautiful surroundings and enjoy each other’s company on holiday. We’ve got plenty of shady trees and a safe beach for walkies out by the reef. You can rest assured that you and your furry friend will make some cherished memories here at Tatapouri.