Kia Ora friends! We are a locally owned and operated business on the stunning East Cape of Aotearoa.
My partner Shanti and I have always dreamed of creating a space which could encompass all of our passions; creative expression, nature appreciation, connection, good food and community. After doing our dash in the big smoke we decided to opt for a simpler existence. A life that would bring us back to nature, ourselves and one another. Little did we know that our dreams would manifest in the form of a boutique campground in Gisborne.
When we stepped on the scene in April 2019 the space was in desperate need of some TLC. With the help of family, friends and team, we were able to combine our skills and efforts to give it an extreme makeover, campground edition.
We are grateful to be here, waking up to the world’s first sunrise each morning and love to share the beauty of this whenua with everyone.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you soon,
Shanti & Nathan
Camp Mum and Dad.
- Encourage guests and staff to Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle
- Living wage employer
- Paid day for staff to do volunteer work
- Community engagement through workshops and events
- Collaborate with other businesses committed to sustainability
- Safe tap spring water and water filters for campers use
- Provide communal cutlery/crockery in communal kitchen, reduce single use
- Promote the use of reusable cups
- Use of environmentally friendly products where possible
- Lighting in communal facilities on a daylight switch to conserve energy
- Native trees planting
- Support local and NZ suppliers